Tuesday 26 January 2010

Snowy Exercise Routine

It's not always to come up with an exercise routine in the snow. Sure, if you have a gym membership, you don't have to think about the weather. I, however, like to exercise by walking outside, and when the weather turns really cold and snowy, I lose my "gym." So, here is what I do in the winter to stay in shape.

1. Exercise Videos - I have a number of videos that I use when I can't walk outside. These include kick boxing, Pilates and weight training.
2. Bender Ball - Fortunately, I've always got my Bender Ball. I use it for at least 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening as part of my exercise routine.
3. Leg Lifts - I try to do leg lifts each evening on each leg. I put on some fun music and do leg exercises. You can find ideas on the web and just follow the simple instructions that they give.

What I DON'T do in the winter is decide to give up on my exercise routine! It is very important to keep moving, even when the weather makes me want to get into bed. And I try hard to stick to this idea when I can't walk outside.

No comments: