Tuesday 5 January 2010

A New Year with Bender Ball

I can't remember the last time that I wrote up a New Year's resolution that didn't include losing weight and getting in better shape. Is it actually possible to write a list that doesn't include these necessities? I'm actually here to report that it is possible!

Before the near year, I always like to sit down and take stock of the past year - and look to the future. And I write up a list of about 10 things that I'd like to achieve during the year. Sometimes they are financial, sometimes they are about travel or job changes or family. And there is always something about getting in shape. When I finished my list this year - I simply couldn't believe it. Since I've been working really hard to get in shape with my gym membership and my bender ball, I simply didn't put that on the list.

Now, I didn't consciously say that I wasn't going to put it on my New Year's list. It just simply didn't appear when I took stock of my life. What a liberating feeling!

No comments: