Saturday 17 October 2009

Winter's Coming: Let's Go Skiing!

The days are really getting colder. Yesterday we had the biggest rainstorm of the year so far, and I heard that some snow fell in the mountains. I hope to get up to do some skiing this winter, a sport that I haven’t participated in for about 5 years. I used to be pretty good, doing the intermediate slopes expertly. But as I got older and was eating like a pig and not getting exercise, skiing became too much for me. The last time I went, I remember feeling so totally exhausted after the first day, that I just stayed in the lodge the next day playing cards and drinking coffee and hot cocoa all day. Bummer. The third day I went back to the slopes, but I took a bad fall and twisted my ankle, but it was so bad I got an x-ray to make sure it wasn’t broken. Like I said, that was the last time I went skiing, and that was about five years ago.

But this year I feel different. I really feel great since I lost weight with the help of my Bender Ball, and I’m hoping that I can ease into a few days of some real skiing fun. And since I can bring my Bender Ball with me so easily, I will be able to find at least 10 minutes each day to work out. I am really amazed how Bender Ball has changed my life.